We are on this earth for a short time, and if you’re like me you want to make the most of that time. We all have things we want to do before we die, things that will help us feel more alive, and I have compiled 100 of those things into a list. My goal is to ultimately complete this list with more than enough time to start on another (and another…so on…so forth…) so that I can live the most fulfilling life possible.
Some of those goals are simple. Some of these goals are more far-reaching. Some of the things on this list I have already accomplished but were part of the original list that this one grew from.
As I complete tasks I’ll do an accompanying blog talking about where I went, what I did, how it felt, and how you can do it too. So let’s get going; we have a lot of life to live!
1. Hike one trail in every Kentucky State Park.
3. Get a tattoo.
6. Serve a holiday meal in a soup kitchen.
7. Pay forward a good deed.
8. Backpack in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
9. See a football match in Wales.
10. Kiss the Blarney Stone.
11. Speak French in France.
12. Ride a mule at the Grand Canyon.
13. Cross the Rio Grande into Mexico.
14. Zipline with my mom.
15. Go zorbing.
17. Swim with dolphins.
18. Swim with sharks.
20. Go whale watching.
21. Bike the Golden Gate Bridge.
22. Hike to Half-Dome.
23. Climb Mt. Katahdin.
24. Eat lobster in Maine.
26. Publish a book series.
28. Float in the Dead Sea.
29. Visit the Pyramids of Gyza.
30. Ride a camel in Egypt.
31. Visit Jerusalem and see the holy sites.
32. See Machu Pichu.
33. Eat sushi in Japan.
34. Walk the Great Wall of China.
35. Hike a day on the Appalachian Trail.
36. Stay in a villa in Tuscany.
37. Learn to ice skate.
38. Explore a haunted place overnight.
39. Hold a monkey.
40. Swim in a glacier fed lake.
41. Go on a writers retreat.
42. Drive Route 66 across the country.
43. Watch the sunrise and sunset in one day somewhere exotic.
44. Stay in an overwater bungalow in Tahiti.
45. Ride a mechanical bull.
46. Eat bbq in Texas.
47. Go to Disneyland.
48. Ride an elephant.
49. Go on an African safari.
50. Cruise Halong Bay.
51. Visit the Vatican.
52. Release baby turtles into the ocean.
53. Swim with sea turtles.
54. Make a wish in the Trevi Fountain.
55. Explore the Waitomo Glowworm Cave in New Zealand.
56. Climb a volcano in Hawaii.
57. Attend the Kentucky Derby finally.
58. Tour the Catacombs of Paris.
59. Take a gondola ride in Venice.
60. Visit all 50 States.
61. See Niagara Falls.
62. Take my parents to the Grand Canyon for their 50th.
63. Attend a proper British Tea.
64. See the moonbow.
65. See Mount Rushmore.
67. Camp in BC.
68. Indoor skydive.
69. Do something that scares me.
70. Cruise to Belize and Honduras.
71. Eat Hot Brown at the Brown hotel.
72. Hike a new trail with my dog.
73. Climb ruins in Mexico.
74. Do an eco trip.
75. Spend a night in a castle in Ireland.
76. Relax in a hot spring.
77. Drive the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado.
78. Spend a night in the Stanley Hotel.
79. See the tide at the Bay of Fundy.
81. Ride a horse on the beach.
82. Ride an air boat in the Everglades.
83. Go to Mardi Gras.
84. See the Pacific ocean.
86. Stand at the base of a giant Redwood tree.
87. Learn to make pasta.
88. Line dance in Nashville.
89. Write a horror novel.
90. Attend a luau.
91. Visit all the Virgin Islands.
92. Sleep under the stars in a National Park.
93. Camp with my dog.
94. Tour every cave at Carter Caves in one summer.
95. Jump off of something high.
96. Snorkel somewhere tropical.
97. See a rain forest.
98. Spend Halloween somewhere haunted.
99. Run/walk a marathon.
100. Sell 100 copies of a book that I wrote.
240 total views, 1 views today